How can I Check my Police Reports and Emails for Errors?

How can I Check my Police Reports and Emails for Errors?

Introduction

Hi Youtubers and welcome, my name is Felix Poitras, and I'm in Police Technology. I have been in this program for almost a year and a half now. For those of you who don’t know about Police Technology, I’ll just explain what this program involves.
In this program we obviously learn to become a good police officer and to provide good services to citizens. We have many Law courses, self-defense courses, a preventive driving course, we also learn how to react well in crisis situations and even more.

Like you, I want to have the best results, be successful and make no mistakes.
Nobody wants to have embarrassing errors in their emails or police reports right?

The Problem

The main problem that I want to talk about today is my writing. As some of you may know, English is not my first language, so I still have a lot of difficulty writing in English. Especially when it comes to grammar. And since I want to work for the SPVM, I discovered that I would sometimes have to write emails and police reports in English.
Sending emails or reports with mistakes can make me lose credibility to my sergeant and prevent me from going further in my profession. It's important to show professionalism especially in reports because they are used in court (the place where defendants are judged).

However, I found a website that could help me to solve this problem. This website is called Virtual Writing Tutor and it will check your grammar, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary, how to write essays, how to write hypertext narratives and many more. In other words, it will demonstrate how to improve your text.

The Quest

Before explaining the solution, I must tell you how to get to the website and how to use it.
First, open your browser. Type this URL into the address bar at the top of the screen in the middle and hit enter. If you typed the URL correctly, you will see this page.

So now that you are on the Virtual Writing Tutor website, I can show you the essential elements. At the top of the screen in the middle, there is a navigation menu for the essay tests, the writing tools, to login or logout, to see your profile and many more. There is also the Virtual Writing tutor logo in the top left corner of the screen. In the middle of the screen, you can see the text area and at the top of this area in the middle, there are the instructions. At the top of the screen in the middle, we can notice another navigation menu where you find many submit buttons to check your grammar, your vocabulary and many more. It even has a dictionary if you click the accordion button on the right hand side of the screen. You can also notice, in the top right corner of the screen, social media icons. In the bottom right corner of the screen, there is a spell checker and a microphone. If you scroll down with the scroll bar on the right hand side of the screen, you will see (on the left hand side of the screen) the feedback after checking your text.

The Solution

Now that you know the website, you will be able to find the solution to the specific problem mentioned before. First of all, you have to write, speak or paste your text in the text area in the middle of the screen. Once it's done, click on the "check grammar" submit button here in the top left corner. Once it's done, scroll down with the scroll bar on the right hand side of the screen. You will now be able to see your grammar feedback and all of your mistakes. You have now all the tools to improve your text!

The Conclusion

So, if you are in Police Technology or a related field, that's how you solve the problem of grammar errors in an email or in a police report. I kept my promise and I showed you guys how to solve that problem with only one thing: the help of the Virtual Writing Tutor.

Thank you guys for watching this video, don't forget to subscribe and give it a thumbs up.

**************************************************************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Modern Police Equipment

About me

My Adventure as a Student in Police Technology - A Hypertext Narrative