My Adventure as a Student in Police Technology - A Hypertext Narrative

My Adventure as a Student in Police Technology - A Hypertext Narrative.

My Adventure as a Student in Police Technology - A Hypertext Narrative.

A hypertext narrative by

Félix Poitras

Created with

The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker

Next

Word count: 2742

Choice count: 36

Section count: 21

Image count: 21

Error count: 0

Field Related Analysis

Education : 111 matches

(academy, choice, college, course, down, education, first, grades, graduate, homework, learn, learned, learning, management, school, semester, social, student, task, teachers, technology, test, training, writing)

Police-Technology : 72 matches

(clue, fine, future police officer, gun, injuries, knife, patrol, people in need, police, police academy, police officer, policeman, spvm, uniform)

Law : 59 matches

(answer, arrested, assured, close, condition, death, documents, fact, fine, harassment, house, information, minutes, misconduct, offer, police officer, price, profession)

Target Structure: (29 matches)

come in handy (2 matches)

came in handy (2 matches)

cursory (2 matches)

deter (1 match)

dread (1 match)

getting sucked up in (1 match)

hinder (2 matches)

hindering (1 match)

intern (4 matches)

internship (2 matches)

invaluable (1 match)

learned the ropes (2 matches)

misconduct (1 match)

more often (1 match)

on-the-job-training (2 matches)

pull off (1 match)

purpose (1 match)

put aside (1 match)

test drive (2 matches)

more often than not (1 match)

though (1 match)

thoughtful (1 match)

time management (2 matches)

undermining (1 match)

withholding (1 match)

volunteer (3 matches)

volunteers (1 match)

volunteering (4 matches)

abroad (1 match)

Next

My Adventure as a Student in Police Technology - A Hypertext Narrative.

The beginning of college (Police Technology).

Three weeks have passed since I started school. I had so much homework that I wasn't able to see my girlfriend. I had to make a choice. I knew my education was important for my future, but I didn't want to lose my girlfriend. I needed her.

Choice 1 : I only focus on my studies.

Choice 2 : Spend more time with my girlfriend, but put less effort into my studies.

School or Girlfriend

I only focus on my studies.

It was the third week of the semester and my teachers had already begun piling on the homework. After dinner, I gave my English homework a cursory glance and made a snap decision about my time management. I decided to make a plan. Making a plan was the best thing to do to get straight A's. I have tried to put aside all the distractions that keep me from studying at my house. Time management was also an important thing to consider because doing homework in a cursory way isn't a good way to learn. It was important for me to take my time and not hurry just to be done with my homework. I also had to pull off myself from my friend group and my girlfriend who had a bad influence on me. Indeed, they were partying all the time. Can I have fun sometimes? Of course, it's important to have fun, but there are limits to everything though. In other words, it's important to make thoughtful choices that will allow me to do well in school while having fun. Unfortunately, my girlfriend left me because I didn't spend enough time with her. I didn't know how to react to that. I knew I had to accept it and move on.

Choice 1 : Continue to put effort into school and not worry about the rest.

Choice 2 : Continue to put effort into school, but meet new people.

Homework

I spend more time with my girlfriend, but put less effort into my studies.

I had started spending a lot of time with my girlfriend and everything was fine. However, I noticed that my grades were dropping a lot. Indeed, I was spending time with her, so I had no more time to study. It had to change.

Choice 1 : Explain my situation to her, maybe she will understand.

Choice 2 : Leave my girlfriend and concentrate on my studies.

Girlfriend

I explain my situation to her, maybe she will understand.

I did my best to explain my situation to her, but she didn't want to know anything. So, she decided to leave me. I knew I couldn't change anything and had to move on. However, I didn't know exactly what to do.

Choice 1 : Continue to put effort into school and not worry about the rest.

Choice 2 : Continue to put effort into school, but meet new people.

Girlfriend

Leave my girlfriend and concentrate on my studies.

Since I left my girlfriend, I had the time I wanted to study. On the other hand, I was often sad because I wasn't talking to anyone. Indeed, I was only doing my homework, nothing else. My days were so long. However, one day I received a call from police officers for a job in their police station. They were looking for someone who would like to become a future police officer.

Choice 1 : I accept their offer.

Choice 2 : I refuse the offer, I want to concentrate on my studies.

Girlfriend

Continue to put effort into school and not worry about the rest.

Since my girlfriend left me, I had the time I wanted to study. On the other hand, I was often sad because I wasn't talking to anyone. Indeed, I was only doing my homework, nothing else. My days were so long. However, one day I received a call from police officers for a job in their police station. They were looking for someone who would like to become a future police officer.

Choice 1 : I accept their offer.

Choice 2 : I refuse the offer, I want to concentrate on my studies.

burnout

I continue to put effort into school, but meet new people.

I decided to continue working hard, but I wouldn't refuse to meet new people. Thereby, one day a woman came to my house. Everything was doing good until she had misconduct. In fact, I had a strong feeling that something bad was about to happen. However, we continued to talk as if nothing had happened. After talking for several hours, she offered to go to my room. I refused because I knew her intentions. Suddenly, she assaulted me and tried to hit me with a knife. I managed to put her on the ground and calm her down. Of course, I called the police. While I was waiting for the police, she tried to deter me. After the police arrested the woman, they explained to me that she was wanted for harassment. They also told me that my dread probably saved my life. In fact, if I had accepted to go to my room, I would probably be dead. After writing down my information, the police officers asked me if I was a student. I told them that I was in Police Technology. They were happy to hear that. They even offered me a job in their police station, they were looking for someone who would like to become a future police officer.

Choice 1 : I accept their offer.

Choice 2 : I refuse the offer, I want to concentrate on my studies.

attack

I accept their offer.

At the beginning, I was an Intern. It was my first internship. As an intern, I had the worst tasks. Indeed, I had to classify the documents and answer calls from the main telephone of the police station. The job started to become long and repetitive. Sometimes, my boss came in handy by taking my place for a few minutes so that I could take a break. However, he rarely did it. For my part, I always come in handy, because my boss kept calling me to come and help him. Once I had learned the ropes and finished my on-the-job-training phase, I was finally able to choose my task. Surprisingly, I still chose to stay in the same place because I felt I was good. Before getting the job I thought it would be just a test drive, but it didn't end as expected. However, a few months later, a security organization approached me to offer me a job. I did not know what to do. On the one hand, I could try something new that will probably be less boring than my current job. But on the other hand, I get paid well at my current job and my schedule fits perfectly with my school schedule.

Choice 1 : I accept the new offer.

Choice 2 : I decline the new offer.

police

I refuse the offer, I want to concentrate on my studies.

By refusing the offer, yes I had the time I wanted to study, but I had a big problem: I did not have a social life. I still wasn't talking with to my friends. I was always eating in my room because of my homework. I was starting to worry about my mental health. School was getting too much intense, I was not happy with that.

Choice 1 : I decide to let everything go (school and my job).

Choice 2 : I call the police officer back and accept the job.

burnout studies

I accept the new offer.

After doing my training, I started working in a hospital as a security guard. Since I was going to school during the week, I was working on the weekends. It was very intense, but I loved my job. I experienced several situations that would allow me to prepare for the profession of police officer. Following this, I received a letter from the SPVM offering me a new job. If I accepted the job, I was guaranteed to be hired as a police officer at the SPVM after finishing my studies. IT WAS MY DREAM!

Choice 1 : I quit my job as a security guard, and I accept the job offered by the SPVM.

security

I decline the new offer.

I continued to work in the police station and everything was fine until something changed. Indeed, there was something different. I got sucked up in a sort of hinder that I couldn't explain, something was hindering me. I wasn't able to do my job properly even if I was doing my best. It happened more often than not. I tried to find the source of this hinder, but I had no clue. I noticed that I wasn't the only one who had this problem, so I understood that someone was intentionally undermining us. To prevent others from getting sucked up in this trap, I organized a meeting. However, in this meeting, there was necessarily this impostor who was withholding the office's progress. We had to figure out who was the impostor among us. Unfortunately, no one believed my stories, they took me for a fool. So, they decided to fire me.

Choice 1 : I decide to quit everything (school and my job).

Choice 2 : I call back the security company to get the job that they had offered me.

getting fired

I decide to quit everything (school and my job).

I had decided to leave everything. I could not anymore. I needed some break to think about what I wanted to do. I was having a burnout. My friends had tried to help me to get out of this misery.

Choice 1 : Accept help from others.

Choice 2 : Refuse everyone's help and leave my house.

quit

I call the police officer back and accept the job.

The police officer answered me. They hired me. At the beginning, I was an Intern. It was my first internship. As an intern, I had the worst tasks. Indeed, I had to classify the documents and answer calls from the main telephone of the police station. The job started to become long and repetitive. Sometimes, my boss came in handy by taking my place for a few minutes so that I could take a break. However, he rarely did it. For my part, I always come in handy, because my boss kept calling me to come and help him. Once I had learned the ropes and finished my on-the-job-training phase, I was finally able to choose my task. Surprisingly, I still chose to stay in the same place because I felt I was good. Before getting the job I thought it would be just a test drive, but it didn't end as expected. However, a few months later, a security organization approached me to offer me a job. I did not know what to do. On the one hand, I could try something new that will probably be less boring than my current job. But on the other hand, I get paid well at my current job and my schedule fits perfectly with my school schedule.

Choice 1 : I accept the new offer.

Choice 2 : I decline the new offer.

colling back

I accept help from others.

A friend of mine contacted me. He invited me to go on a trip to volunteer. He thought it might help me change my mind.

Choice 1 : I accept my friend's proposal to go volunteering.

Choice 2 : I decide I never want to go back to school or home. I'd rather become homeless.

accepting

I refuse everyone's help and leave my house.

I had now decided to leave my house. My parents were not happy with my choices that I've made. A friend of mine contacted me. He invited me to go on a trip to volunteer. He thought it might help me change my mind.

Choice 1 : I accept my friend's proposal to go volunteering.

Choice 2 : I decide I never want to go back to school or home. I'd rather become homeless.

homeless

I quit my job as a security guard, and I accept the job offered by the SPVM.

My job was much less demanding than the security guard one, but I couldn't complain because I was working for the SPVM. However, I came close to death one day while I was working. You have to know that my job was to patrol the parks for prevention. While I was patrolling, there was a man, believing that I was a policeman because of my uniform, who had shot at me with his gun. I had so much luck, because the bullet had hit my leg and the paramedics arrived in time to save me. I never had any problems afterwards, not even injuries.

Choice 1 : I graduate from the police academy and become a police officer.

accepting job

I accept my friend's proposal to go volunteering.

I accepted his proposal. I had thought it would help me become positive. I wanted to go and volunteer abroad (in poor countries). However, I wanted to go with volunteers who had already volunteered, because they had experience. By having the experience, they would know how to help people in the best possible way (it was my main purpose). There were several advantages associated with this. The biggest advantage was the fact that I could really feel that I was helping people in need. It was an invaluable experience! The biggest disadvantage (there weren't many disadvantages apart from this one) was the price of plane tickets. I had saved for over a year to be able to afford this trip. However, I can say I did not regret it and would do it again anytime. In conclusion, I can say that volunteering is very rewarding from a humanitarian point of view and helps to make the world a better place. After this experience, I really found my desire to start learning again. Indeed, I noticed that in my country I am very lucky and that I should take advantage of it.

Choice 1 : I am going back to school to achieve my dream of becoming a police officer.

Choice 2 : I decide I never want to go back to school or home. I'd rather become homeless.

vonluneer

I am going back to school to achieve my dream of becoming a police officer.

I went back to school. I had reunited with my old friends. It made me feel so good. I was starting to feel better again. I was proud of myself. A year later, I finished my Police Technology and I applied to the Quebec Police Academy.

Choice 1 : I graduate from the police academy and become a police officer.

back to school

I decide I never want to go back to school or home. I'd rather become homeless.

I couldn't go back. I was now a homeless guy. My parents didn't want me to come back. Even my friends rejected me. Schools no longer wanted to accept my diplomas. The police academy refused my application because of my condition. The end You can try again by clicking below.

Choice 1 : The beginning of college (Police Technology).

homeless

I graduate from the police academy and become a police officer.

I had now completed my studies, and I was assured for my job at the SPVM. I just had to wait for the medical tests, and I could start working. What an adventure! We must never stop believing in our dreams.

Choice 1 : The beginning of college (Police Technology).

graduate

I call back the security company to get the job that they had offered me.

After doing my training, I started working in a hospital as a security guard. Since I was going to school during the week, I was working on the weekends. It was very intense, but I loved my job. I experienced several situations that would allow me to prepare for the profession of police officer. Following this, I received a letter from the SPVM offering me a new job. If I accepted the job, I was guaranteed to be hired as a police officer at the SPVM after finishing my studies. IT WAS MY DREAM!

Choice 1 : I quit my job as a security guard, and I accept the job offered by the SPVM.

security

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Modern Police Equipment

About me